add release :: f.a.q. :: на русском
Новости Doom Metal
Board index » Обсуждения » Doom Metal
Горькая чаша печали
#57357 17.01.2012 13:56
E_motion

Have thanks: 173 times

le(X)fou wrote:он, например, на Illwill активно присутствовал

Его дух всегда витал над «Озером», но, к счастью, на сам водоем не садился. По крайней мере не так, чтоб его там можно было обнаружить.
Darkfall wrote:Почему он должен был сдохнуть?

Последний альбом Cemetary был похож на трупную вонь, вот я и подумал.

#57358 17.01.2012 13:57
Dismayer

Have thanks: 3174 times

А мне вообще нравится все от Cemetary начиная с Godless Beauty и заканчивая шизоидной Плазмой-фантазмой :) Без каких бы то ни было исключений и допущений.
"Two men gaze from behind their prison bars.
One man sees dirt, the other sees stars."

#57359 17.01.2012 13:59
E_motion

Have thanks: 173 times

А мне от них не нравится ничего, т.к. два последних альбома это какое-то невменяемое убожество, а предыдущие я не слышал.
Но за то, что он пульнул в люди «Озеро» и «Бесич», все это можно простить.

#58014 21.01.2012 03:52
MeatWolf

Have thanks: 2441 times

Даты релиза Атомы:

Spain, Finland, Sweden: March 28
Rest of Europe: April 2
North America: April 3

Треклист:

01. Atoma
02. Skylight
03. Hole in the Sky
04. Highway
05. Bermuda Riviera
06. Resonance
07. Solaris
08. Rainmen
09. Saturn & I
10. Cloud Nine

#58015 21.01.2012 04:36
Antidote

Have thanks: 66 times

MeatWolf wrote:Даты релиза Атомы

ну наконец-то!
Всё будет хорошо — я узнавал :)

#58016 21.01.2012 04:39
MeatWolf

Napalm.

#58017 21.01.2012 04:52
Antidote

Нормально, в принципе, устроились.

#58018 21.01.2012 09:33
IVReactoRe

Have thanks: 57 times

MeatWolf wrote:Даты релиза Атомы:

Spain, Finland, Sweden: March 28
Rest of Europe: April 2
North America: April 3

Треклист:

01. Atoma
02. Skylight
03. Hole in the Sky
04. Highway
05. Bermuda Riviera
06. Resonance
07. Solaris
08. Rainmen
09. Saturn & I
10. Cloud Nine

ШИКАРНО! Напалм то их точно крутански разрекламирует.

#58020 21.01.2012 10:05
Darkfall

Have thanks: 33 times

Да неужели? Даже не верится.

#58028 21.01.2012 14:08
MeatWolf

Да не было особых причин не верить.

#58046 21.01.2012 20:37
Darkfall

MeatWolf
я помню, как долго ждал новый альбом Slumber, помню неожиданную весть о распаде и постоянные переносы предполагаемой даты выхода, так что у меня были причины.
Еще есть такая группа Rapture, например, которые последний пока что альбом выпустили в 2005 году и с тех пор непрерывно кормят обещаниями выпустить новый, но никаких подвижек вообще нет.

#58190 23.01.2012 08:58
IVReactoRe

Darkfall wrote:Еще есть такая группа Rapture, например, которые последний пока что альбом выпустили в 2005 году и с тех пор непрерывно кормят обещаниями выпустить новый, но никаких подвижек вообще нет.

Раз ты упомянул Rapture, я тебе предлагаю прочитать недавнее интервью с ними, которое я лично удосужился перевести с Испанского. Собственно в интервью, помимо всякой разной обыденной кутерьмы, есть некоторое подробности про новую пластинку. Линк на оригинал: http://www.facebook.com/notes/the-void- ... 5642784300
[Reveal]: Spoiler
Finland has always produced a very fine fruits in terms of extreme metal and if speaking in particularly of Doom, we can find numerous well-known bands e.g. Swallow The sun, Shape of Despair, Unholy. Today, the band that we're pleased to have an interview with is Rupture. With only 3 albums in its asset, Rapture has held us captive within its melodic doom/death sound wherein clean vocals are intermingled with growls. Though, the band had some setbacks with a record companies and a lot of lineup changes, they still no matter what keep going ahead. The band's guitarist Aleksi Ahokas kindly answered on the questions that we prepared for him and here's the result.

---------------------------------------------

1. Rapture came into existence in 1997. How was it?

At the beginning, Rapture already had a few followers and some habitual listeners. Pete (Raatikainen) and Tomi (Ullgren) had a band called Wintermoon, and they were doing tape-trading for many years, pushing many young artist shortly after becoming a concrete bands to record their albums. Me, I joined the band around in 1997, and stayed there until the recording of the first Rapture album "Futile". Back in those days we recorded 5 songs for an upcoming demo in one of the friend's studio.

2. You released the demo "Broken Daydream" in 1998, on which there is a very minimum information over Internet. How did this demo sound? Where can we get a copy of it, maybe ebay?

I've never even seen it in Internet! I have my own copy stored in the old cassette that still works, I'd enjoyed the sound of those days. It's much more slower in contrast of what came after; it's hard to define it. Maybe some label will edit it someday into a bootleg or something like that. Most probably, it has more of a value as a nostalgic thing other than the music itself because for that epoch it was considered pretty good.

3. After this demo it came what was the first album "Futile" which marked the debut of Rapture into the death/doom scene and won lots of fans with its sound that is very much in common to Katatonia Braver Murder Day period, but perhaps much more ethereal and profound. How was the process of recording of "Futile"?

The band entered the studio with a new drummer, Samu Ruotsalainen, and Jarno Salomaa as a guitarist, to record something that for some seemed as the revelation of the doom scene back in those days. Without any doubt, Katatonia is the band that had a major influence on us at the beginning.

4. How did you feel about the contract with the label Spikefarm? Were you contented with its job throughout the years?

It's very likely that after all that I've learned over the years, there is something that we could have done differently. But on the other hand... It contains everything that I know, I mean, probably the albums are that good just because we chose to do so in the past. We are grateful for what they did for us. Especially, with "Songs.." when we were cooperation with Century Media.

5. The song from "Futile" - "Someone I (Do not) Know" is the best in Rapture's career. That rhythm structure which little by little ends in an "doomish explosion". What do you think about this tune? Could it be considered as the "anthem" of Rapture?

A great song. I suppose that each and one has his favorite.

6. “Songs for the withering” was released in 2002, and marked a shift in the sound of Rapture, not drastic, but very different from "Futile". What provoked such a shift in the sound? Were there a lot of reformations?

There were reforms in the band. I returned to the band and finished half of the songs with Tomi (Ullgren). To be honest, I wasn't aware of how the sound was going to be until we did the pre-demos and hit the studio. We left some room for the improvisation. The tune "Farewell" for the first time was played in the studio. Henri (Villberg) did a great job as a new growler and Petri (Eskelinen) executed very profoundly with his clean vocals.

7. What is the meaning of the chain strings that appear on the cover art of “Songs for the withering”?

It is certainly something that will be concealed under the vail of mystery, and I don't believe it will ever be known.

8. How this "new sound" was accepted by the fans of Rapture?

As far as I can tell, we gained plenty of fans with this "new sound", thanks to promotion and license agreement for this album. I guess that some labeled us as Gothic-Death Doom. We have lots of fans and it is impossible to know whether everyone liked this change. In general, reviews and comments have been good. Honestly, I've never seen a bad one.
‎9. What bands have influenced you the most?

Obviously Katatonia, Paradise Lost and Opeth. In addition, there is a presence of Black and Death Metal in our past and present stage. We are six in the band and everyone has his own wide range of influences. For a musician it is always a pleasure to explore some new musical realms.

10. Your latest album up to this day is "Silent Stage"(2005) is a sequel of your previous album (Songs for the..). what are the major differences you distinguish between two Cd's?

As I've said before, once again, there were some changes in the group. We had a new bass player. I assume that the producer had a different approach this time. Probably he already knew what the band was capable of and he just wanted to polish that sound.

11. After releasing of the "Silent stage", Rapture wasn't pretty active in terms of material editing, there were some lineup changes, rumors, few gigs. What exactly happened? What happened to the contract with Spikefarm?

I have the feeling that “Silent Stage” wasn't really licensed (This means that a big company purchases the album rights and distribute it to the masses through the stores and promotes it). Our second album was the most appreciated, but mostly within Finland. We didn't perform lot's of concerts, but it doesn't mean that no one likes our music, it's just simply that there was no one doing the management for us. There was a high interest from our fans, but the most frustrating thing is to hear people complaining about the absence of our CD's in the stores. Technically speaking, we did our part, but that was it. Making of “Silent Stage” was very entertaining and since then, all the gigs we've played were good.

12. Most of the Rapture members play in various other bands. Can you briefly talk about them?

The fact we play in many other bands also keeps us busy during the time when we put Rapture on-hold, meaning that it improves us as musicians at times, and maintains us in a good shape until we get together as Rapture again. Moreover, it allows Rapture sound more fresh and heavy, and when we all get together working on Rapture, we come up with some innovative ideas and other musical devices to enrich the overall sound of the band. At any rate, I would recommend listening to Shape Of Despair and Rain Paint.

13. Last year you took part in Madrid is the Dark II, here in Spain. How was you first visit to our country? How did the public react?

Impressive! It was incredible, we're all very excited.I don't think we were conscious of what was going on until the last minute before the concert. Many people waited eagerly for us and I think we did our best as a band!!! Many thanks to all of the assistants!!! Moreover, everything was organized very professionally. We were treated as a true artists and we left with the feeling that we'll be coming back to Spain very shortly.

14. And what are the future plans of Rapture? Will we have a new album soon?

In summer we played a couple of gigs and went on picking some of the material that we have already composed to restructure individually each component of the band. I believe that the work on the upcoming album this time will be more difficult than before. For us “Silent Stage” was a very important album, supposedly it was our best musical achievement, and if we do a new material in future, it must be either least equal or superior to “Silent Stage”. Doing whatever management requires and signing to a new label would be a great opportunity for us to go further and maybe function like a one active band; this would be the best way to give to our fans a new material that they anticipate from Rapture!

15. What Finish bands you consider the best?

Personally...well...without any order, Rapture, Swallow the Sun, Before The Dawn, Dauntless and many other bands and musicians with whom I've had opportunity to play.

16. That's it Aleksi, thank you for letting me do this interview, cheers from Islas Canarias and I hope to hear something new from Rapture in the future. Would you like to add something or say goodbye.

I would like to thank our fans on behalf of the whole band. Consult our official pages and follow us on facebook. Send your greetings or questions and we will try to answer them in no time. Don't hesitate to talk to us and ask us whatever you like. And if you want to see us live, demand your promoters and we will be delighted to play once we can. All the best!

#58191 23.01.2012 10:18
Darkfall

IVReactoRe
спасибо огромное, надежда по-прежнему жива.

#58281 24.01.2012 01:44
Darkfall

Собссно, артворк нового альбома Атомы:
http://www.napalmrecords.com/hp_artists ... s_ID=ATOMA

#58283 24.01.2012 01:49
MeatWolf

Больше для Артерии подходит, честно :/

#58285 24.01.2012 01:53
Darkfall

Лого ужасно.

#58286 24.01.2012 01:59
Antidote

Вариант побольше, но без лого

#58288 24.01.2012 02:14
Arseniy

Have thanks: 4336 times

Один космонавт, судя по позе, решил познать блаженство дефекации. Зато стайл научфан-артов сохранён: логотип, на самом деле, из восьмидесятых выползает: тогда хэви-металлические группы и художники-фантасты те же градиенты и формы юзали.

#58289 24.01.2012 02:17
Lumisade

Have thanks: 1733 times

Arseniy wrote:Один космонавт, судя по позе, решил познать блаженство дефекации.

А второй, похоже, в следующую секунду отправит его в пропасть мощным пинком. Вот он, настоящий дум: безвоздушное пространство и внезапный понос, застигающий в скафандре, предательство друга и полет в бездну обосравшимся.

#58293 24.01.2012 03:01
Darkfall

Arseniy wrote:логотип, на самом деле, из восьмидесятых выползает: тогда хэви-металлические группы и художники-фантасты те же градиенты и формы юзали.

Да, но не вяжется он с их музыкой ну никак.

#58295 24.01.2012 03:07
MaxStajner

Have thanks: 938 times

Lumisade wrote:
Arseniy wrote:Один космонавт, судя по позе, решил познать блаженство дефекации.

А второй, похоже, в следующую секунду отправит его в пропасть мощным пинком. Вот он, настоящий дум: безвоздушное пространство и внезапный понос, застигающий в скафандре, предательство друга и полет в бездну обосравшимся.

Пять минут форменной истерики *LOL*
"ты - грамотный пидорг" - комплимент или оскорбление? (с) TDM

Макс, вот скажи, ты про морковку на вопрос "Это разве хер?" тоже отвечаешь "А почему нет? По длине любому херу не уступит"? (с) MeatWolf

#58296 24.01.2012 03:14
MeatWolf

Lumisade wrote:А второй, похоже,

У меня сразу были все эти же мысли, поэтому, увы, посмеяться не удалось.

#58298 24.01.2012 03:16
Lumisade

Have thanks: 1733 times

MeatWolf wrote:У меня сразу были все эти же мысли

А я сначала вообще не понял, нога это или рука. И если рука, то почему один космонавт коленопреклоненный, а другой — одноногий. Возможно, что один из них еще и негр, а другой — гей.

#58299 24.01.2012 04:40
MeatWolf

Рука. Но поза та ещё.

#58300 24.01.2012 05:35
IVReactoRe

Странно, я помню Ehsan говорил, что минималистически-воспламеняющийся феникс на ореховом фоне и будет обложкой Skylight. Похоже паганки из Napalm вынудили их сделать по своему!

#58303 24.01.2012 12:03
ddx1

Have thanks: 5038 times

IVReactoRe wrote:паганки из Napalm вынудили

Ты ж сам пророчил «крутанскую» разрекламацию. Кушай.
жижа

#58304 24.01.2012 12:08
Darkfall

ddx1 wrote:Ты ж сам пророчил «крутанскую» разрекламацию. Кушай.

Что-то мне подсказывает, что Napalm тут вообще ни при чём.

#58599 26.01.2012 19:23
Darkfall

ПАЦАНЫ! Atoma лого поменяли!!111

А вот предыдущий вариант не сохранился.

#58603 26.01.2012 19:36
ddx1

Have thanks: 5038 times

oa(nkel) tom a(ngelripper) :-D
жижа

#58604 26.01.2012 19:45
TDM